There is evidence that native people visited Tortuguero during the 5 month nesting season to hunt the Atlantic Green Sea Turtle since way before Europeans arrived in the Western Hemisphere. By the mid 1800’s there was thriving trade in turtle meat, oil and shells, much of which was exported to the United States and Europe.
• Direct access to the beach (beach front) and at walking distance to Tortuguero town
• Swimming pool & whirlpool
• Restaurant by the pool area
• Entertainment: foosball, pool, volleyball sand court and table games
• Cafeteria with free WI-FI connection access
• Mawamba Park: Private trails with 2 butterfly gardens, iguanas and frog garden (guided visit included in our 3 day / 2 night package). Unlimited free access to guests for self-guided walks.
• Natural Trails: El Manakin trail for day hikes and another private nature trail for night hikes
• Optional tours: Kayaks, night hikes, turtle tour in season (July-September) Katonga floating restaurant
• Bio-digester (sewage waters are treated and converted in a natural source of gas to heat up the kitchen stoves)
• Souvenir shop
• Conference room
• Our staff resides at the Lodge and is available for assistance throught your stay
Hotels Costa Rica present to the international travel community this new website full of valuable information, useful for national and foreign tourists who plan to follow the path of pleasure, relaxation and adventure in a country where natural attractions are admired all over the world. More Information at CORAL